I see you as someone that;
- Creates trust through transparency
- Shows compassion through the training and development of self and others
- Provides stability through consistent execution based on internal wisdom
- Shares hope for the best possible outcome in all situations
You might say, “You don’t even know me, how can you make these assumptions!” Well, I can because that is how I see myself! I know that at your core you are capable of understanding and implementing all of these characteristics through your personal strengths and mastery of your daily energy!
The strongest leadership comes from within you. The more deeply you develop self-awareness, the more capable you are of successfully leading others. Self-respect is an attitudinal muscle that you exercise every minute. It is measured by how well you treat yourself, how positively you talk to yourself and how peacefully you interact with the world around you.
Self- respect comes first; the response you receive from others is merely a reflection of how you see yourself. If you do not like the way others are treating you, look within at the video clip of yourself playing in your mind. Everyone has the power to choose how they see you. You cannot force someone to admire you on the inside, even if you demand respect from them through their outer actions. The same holds true for love, in personal, intimate relationships.
What are you feeling about yourself today? What thoughts are running through your head at this moment? Take a few minutes to write down a few key words, not whole sentences, just a gut reactions to these questions.
Here are some self-respecting statements that will shift your energy and put you back on the path of your internal GPS.
- I know my unique strengths and am engaging them for good.
- I know my strengths, I know my weaknesses, and I am OK with both.
- I am showing up with a win-win attitude and action plan that will create strong interdependent relationships for the future.
- I am actively recognizing the unique contributions of those around me.
- I am open to receiving unexpected opportunities and validation of my contributions.
Take a 15 minute break to step back from your agenda today and realign the big picture of your week with these five affirmations. Begin each day with this checklist and create a habit of beginning each day with this self-respecting energy!
What you see in yourself is what we will see!