We have had a few really warm days here in Carmel, Indiana but they are just teasers. Mother Nature must be going through menopause! Everyone gets the urge to spring clean, open up the doors and windows and let in fresh air and welcome the new growth and colors of the season.
Today’s topic is spring cleaning for your gut. Here are some baby steps you can take to give your gut a much needed break so it can rest and rejuvenate!
- Make sure you are front loading your system with food (mostly protein) early in the day and taper off towards the end of the day.
- Allow your digestive system to complete its work and then rest for a 12 hour period. Stop eating @ 7pm and eat again @ 7am.
- Try a 24 hour fast by consuming clear liquids………very similar to prep for a colonoscopy without the nasty prescription drink! Broth, apple juice, even jello if you want!
Now for the really deep cleansing! In a Course in Weight Loss, Marianne Williamson writes;
Emotions need to be felt the way food needs to be chewed.
Feelings need to be processed in the mind so they are not carried around on our bodies as extra weight, disease and pain. The numbing affect of additive, obsessive behaviors was only meant to be implemented during crisis, trauma or emergencies. Today, we are using it for every unwanted emotion!
Try this new way of encountering food:
- Ask yourself what you are feeling when you have the desire for sugar, caffeine or more than your body really needs. Negative or painful emotions have the same feeling in our gut as hunger. Feel the fear and recognize its presence.
- Turn your feelings over to a Force greater than yourself. Allow that Source to do for you what you cannot do for yourself.
- Openly receive wisdom for the situation that is causing the unwanted feeling.
Honor the Wisdom that is present in your GUT!