I always think of Donald Trump when I read this commandment. He has built and lost so many times but he keeps coming back. Nothing stops him from getting back out there.
Marriages fail, relationships dissolve, financial security can be lost in an afternoon and health is determined by taking that next breath. What do have to rely on in this life.
We have a purpose. God’s plan for this world cannot be complete until we do our part.
In The Noticer by Andy Andrews, Jones, the personification of wisdom, makes six points to Willow, a seventy-six year old lady, who had given up hope that she had anything left to contribute. (see chapter 6, pp. 83–85).
- God has a purpose for every single person.
- You won’t die until that purpose is fulfilled.
- If you are still alive, then you haven’t completed what you were put on earth to do.
- If you haven’t completed what you were put on earth to do, then your very purpose hasn’t been fulfilled.
- If your purpose hasn’t been fulfilled, then the most important part of your life is still ahead.
- You have yet to make your most important contribution.
Jones goes on to say,
If the most important part of your life is ahead of you, then even during the worst times, one can be assured that there is more laughter ahead, more success to look forward to, more children to teach and help, more friends to touch and influence. There is proof of hope . . . for more.” http://michaelhyatt.com/why-you-aren%E2%80%99t-dead-yet.html