Ok, so you are getting some good ideas about what you would like to change about your life in 2012. Great!
Do you have room in your life for a new habit?
Is your mind open and ready for new thoughts?
One of Dr. Phil’s favorite lines is,
How’s that working for you?
Here is a straightforward recipe for cleaning out your life just as you would clean out your closets.
- Make a list of things that are not working for you anymore. Dig deep. Take ownership of your own “stuff”. Make it all about you.
- What would it take to change a specific situation or behavior? List the action steps required to begin a new pattern. Acknowledge the unknowns in your situation. Examine limiting beliefs, assumptions, or interpretations that might not be accurate.
- Write down the benefits of changing that situation or behavior. Get excited. Visualize your new life with a new reality in focus.
- Write down the benefits of not changing the situation or behavior. Yes, there are always downsides to change. Once again, focus on you.
- Release what is no longer serving you. Just as we forgive and forget, let go of your habit or anger and be ready emotionally to move forward. Embrace the present state of mind. Make space for the new!
- Commit to taking action to change. Plan your work and work your plan. Share your resolutions on the Advent of the New Year 2012 Facebook Page. Put your intentions out in to the universe. Create accountability with friends, family, a support group, or a professional coach.
- Believe you can do it. Get emotional! Pump yourself up!
Once you have cleaned out a tiny little corner of your inner mansion for something new, keep digging. Clean out another area for the unknown. Prepare a “guest room” for something you never could have planned for or imagined. Protect that space like a coveted jewel. Only allow something worthy of this sacred container to enter in and stay for a while.